Development and Communications Coordinator
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy (Aug Prep) is a K4-12 Christian School on Milwaukee’s South side that opened in the summer of 2017. The school is a student-centered environment where young learners take ownership of their education not only in academics, but also physical health, creativity, and faith. Our graduates will go on to achieve their highest potential and make our city, and ultimately the world, a better place. The school currently enrolls about 1,300 students.
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy (Aug Prep) is seeking a Development and Communications Coordinator to join our dynamic and entrepreneurial team working to instill hope in our community and students, equipping them to glorify God in all that they do today, tomorrow and in the future. The Development and Communications Coordinator reports to the Chief External Relations Officer. This position seeks someone who is passionate about Jesus, kids, and excellence in communication and fundraising. The right candidate is organized, detail and deadline-oriented, and a team player. As an ambassador and steward of the Aug Prep organization and mission, the Development and Communications Coordinator will play a role in developing and deepening relationships with donors and champions in the Milwaukee area as well as nationally.
- Play a key role in meeting or exceeding the annual development goals, this includes support for grant proposals, foundation and prospect research, and major events
- Support the development, maintenance and execution of Aug Prep’s grants and communication calendar
- Develop and submit clear, concise and compelling funder communications (e.g. emails, letters of intent, grant proposals and grant reports), adapting messages to meet funder interest areas
- Research corporate, foundation and individual grant and sponsorship opportunities to identify potential funding sources for specific projects and programs
- Track funder relationship data in donor relationship management software (DonorSnap), ensuring data entry is accurate and comprehensive and that acknowledgement letters are turned around within a 72-hour window
- Track statistics and metrics relevant to development and communications
Marketing & Communications
- Craft internal and external messaging for the school across a variety of media (newsletters, press releases, annual reports, internal letters / memos, brochures, short videos, and social media)
- Work closely with the teachers, principals and administrators to highlight the great work being done at Aug Prep by developing a portfolio of success stories that can be used for communication and development purposes
- Develop presentation, display and collateral materials for meetings and presentations
- Work with family engagement team to maintain a visually appealing and user-friendly website, Facebook and Instagram accounts and monthly e-newsletters
Aug Prep Community Stewardship
- Model deep connection and belief in Aug Prep’s vision, mission and four pillars
- Work in a supportive and collaborative manner with colleagues, supervisors, students, parents/guardians, and community members
- Other duties as assigned
- The candidate must be mission-driven, demonstrate the highest integrity, and be able to live the values, beliefs and culture of Aug Prep
- Participating member in a local church
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably fundraising/development, communications, public relations or journalism)
- 3-5+ years of successful experience in fund development or communications
- Exceptional communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate and persuasive proposals; strong editing skills and attention to detail
- Oral and written proficiency in Spanish is a plus
- Ability to think clearly and multi-task in a fast-paced environment, managing short-term and long-term projects and meeting deadlines in a timely manner with a can-do approach
- Experience with foundation research as well as assembling both public and private grant proposals. Knowledge of southeast Wisconsin philanthropic community desired
- Understanding of donor database management; experience with DonorSnap a plus
- A team player committed to the Aug Prep mission, model and students
- After hours event attendance will occasionally be required
- Possess a valid driver’s license and insured motor vehicle
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, sex, national and ethnic origin or any other basis prohibited by law when hiring, promoting, establishing wages, or providing benefits.
As a faith-based institution based on biblical principles, St. Augustine Preparatory Academy hires employees who agree with the school’s Mission Statement and Statement of Beliefs and adhere to biblical standards of conduct.