St. Augustine Preparatory Academy (Aug Prep) is seeking a candidate for the newly created position of Development Coordinator. This is a full-time opportunity with a school that rapidly expanding. Are you a mission-driven professional who has experience with fundraising and grant writing? Do you have the ability to utilize communications to engage and deepen our mission with internal and external entities?
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy is a K4-12 Christian School on Milwaukee’s Southside serving 1,350 students in the 2019-20 school year. The school is a student-centered environment where young learners take ownership of their education not only in academics, but also physical health, creativity, and faith. Our graduates will go on to achieve their highest potential and make our city, and ultimately the world, a better place.
School Vision: St. Augustine Preparatory Academy develops students to be tomorrow’s leaders. They will be known by their strength of character, courage, intellect, impactful contributions and their faith and values.
School Mission: We will develop the leaders of tomorrow by;
- Providing exceptional Christian based education
- Offering am uninterrupted K-12 educational experience
- Educating the whole child – mind, body, and soul
- Maximizing the potential of each individual student through personalized instruction
- Integrating family, faith, academics, and athletics/arts
- Emphasizing grit, persistence and personal responsibility
- Offering a safe, stimulating and welcoming school environment
Development Coordinator falls into the Development Department and will report to the Director of Development; however, from time to time, this position will work closely with other aspects of the school.
The Development Coordinator opportunity at Aug Prep combines development communications, and stewardship.
The St. Augustine Preparatory Academy Development Coordinator WILL:
- Play a key role in meeting or exceeding the annual development goals, this includes support for: major events, grant proposals, as well as foundation and prospect research
- Help craft internal and external messaging for the school; this includes, but is not limited to:
- Work closely with the teachers and principals to highlight the great work being done at Aug Prep by developing a portfolio of success stories that can be used for communication and development purposes
- Serve as a customer service representative for the school through electronic channels as well as in person.
- Draft copy for electronic newsletters to prospective donors, current donors, foundations and key community players
- Maintain the IRS acknowledgment stewardship thank you letters program
- Develop display materials for meetings or presentations
- Maintain accurate data records on grantors donors and prospects
- Monitor, report, and analyze grant solicitations, the grant calendar, and foundation agreements
- Serve as the cultural and spiritual model for students, always interacting respectfully and striving to demonstrate God’s love to students and families
- Work in a supportive and collaborative manner with colleagues, supervisors, students, parents/guardians, and community members
- Maintain and improve professional skills by participating in building and department meetings/professional development (collaborative planning time teams, etc.)
- Maintain positive and productive relationships, focused on collective problem-solving processes, to create, support, and sustain an environment conducive to optimal learning
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree (communications, journalism, or graphic design a plus)
- Three years of nonprofit fundraising experience a plus
- Acute attention to details, proper oral and very strong written communication skills
- Experience with foundation research as well as assembling both public and private grant proposals
- Able to translate any number of academic topics, concepts and results into accessible content for multiple audiences
- Understanding of donor database management
- Ability to work with and manage projects through vendors such as designers or printers
- Ability to look beyond the school’s needs and to see things through an outsider’s perspective
- Skilled in being creative and the ability to work with limited supervision.
- Mission-driven with the understanding that everything you do is to advance the education of our students
- Ability to pivot into a temporary project within the school that might need your expertise
- Participating member in a local church
- A team player committed to the Aug Prep mission and model
- Lastly and most important, the candidate must demonstrate and possess the highest integrity, and be able to live the values, beliefs, and culture of Aug Prep
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, sex, national and ethnic origin or any other basis prohibited by law when hiring, promoting, establishing wages, or providing benefits.
As a faith-based institution based on biblical principles, St. Augustine Preparatory Academy hires employees who agree with the school’s Mission Statement and Statement of Beliefs and adhere to biblical standards of conduct.