Elementary School Reading/Writing Teacher
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy is seeking a candidate to fill a full-time Elementary School Reading/Writing teaching position (5th grade). Wisconsin Certification desirable, but not required. Experience with urban youth and the ability to utilize technology to engage and deepen learning for students are preferred. Coaching and other co-curricular assignments are available.
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy is a K4-12 Christian School. The school is a student-centered environment where young learners take ownership of their education not only in academics, but also physical health, creativity, and faith. Our graduates will go on to achieve their highest potential and make our city, and ultimately the world, a better place.
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy develops students to be tomorrow’s leaders. They will be known by their strength of character, courage, intellect, impactful contributions and their faith.
We will develop the leaders of tomorrow by:
- Providing exceptional Christian based education
- Offering am uninterrupted K-12 educational experience
- Educating the whole child – mind, body and soul
- Maximizing the potential of each individual student through personalized instruction
- Integrating family, faith, academics and athletics/arts
- Emphasizing grit, persistence and personal responsibility
- Offering a safe, stimulating and welcoming school environment
Reporting structures: Elementary Teachers will report to the Elementary School Principal
Position description: The Elementary School program at St. Augustine Preparatory Academy combines research-based best instructional practices while also acknowledging the social, emotional, and developmental needs of every student. Our classrooms are equipped with innovative technology to assist teachers in differentiation, remediation, and accelerated programming for their students based on their individual needs. Small class sizes provide teachers the opportunity to focus on the individualized learning needs of each child as well as a dedicated instructional aide to help with small group instruction. Our curriculum aligns with common core standards while incorporating art, music, STEM, physical education, and Spanish into each child’s weekly schedule.
A St. Augustine Preparatory Elementary Teacher will:
- Hold the primary responsibility for the social, emotional, and academic development of their students while acknowledging their individual needs and development.
- Implement curriculum and activities to ensure that their students meet academic benchmarks and grade-level standards.
- Use academic data to modify both whole and small-group instruction in order to best meet the needs of their students.
- Serve as the cultural and spiritual model for their students, always interacting respectfully and striving to demonstrate God’s love to their students and families.
- Work with instructional aides and parent/community volunteers
- Attend all school-related professional development sessions and staff meetings.
- A belief in the ability of every child and a commitment to ensure excellence for each student.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s degree in Education a plus).
- Participating member in a local Church.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Skilled in strategic planning, project management, and organization development; able to balance a focus on big-picture priorities while not losing sight of the annual goals and objectives.
- Team player committed to the St. Augustine Preparatory mission and model.
- Lastly and most important, the candidate must demonstrate and possess the highest integrity. and be able to live the values, beliefs, and culture of St. Augustine Prep.
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, sex, national and ethnic origin or any other basis prohibited by law when hiring, promoting, establishing wages, or providing benefits.
As a faith-based institution based on biblical principles, St. Augustine Preparatory Academy hires employees who agree with the school’s Mission Statement and Statement of Beliefs and adhere to biblical standards of conduct.