Godly Play Elementary School Teacher
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy is seeking a candidate to fill a full-time Godly Play Teacher for our Elementary School. We seek a candidate who will inspire students to love God with their whole selves, and to love their neighbors as themselves. This candidate will be passionate about helping students to grow a robust faith that lasts.
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy is a K4-12 Christian School. The school is a student-centered environment where young learners take ownership of their education not only in academics, but also physical health, creativity, and faith. Our graduates will go on to achieve their highest potential and make our city, and ultimately the world, a better place.
School Vision: St. Augustine Preparatory Academy develops students to be tomorrow’s leaders. They will be known by their strength of character, courage, intellect, impactful contributions and their faith and values.
School Mission: We will develop the leaders of tomorrow by;
- Providing exceptional Christian based education
- Offering am uninterrupted K-12 educational experience
- Educating the whole child – mind, body and soul
- Maximizing the potential of each individual student through personalized instruction
- Integrating family, faith, academics and athletics/arts
- Emphasizing grit, persistence and personal responsibility
- Offering a safe, stimulating and welcoming school environment
The Godly Play Teacher will report to the Elementary School Principal.
As a Christian school, we walk alongside our students and families as the Holy Spirit works in their hearts and minds to draw them to Christ. Regardless of the faith background of our families, Aug Prep is a hospitable space that accepts all as they are and that encourages all to become who God desires them to be. We seek to infuse the work of Aug Prep with a Christian vision for life and to model for our school community what it means to love God with our whole selves.
The Godly Play Teacher works with K5 – 5th-grade students. This person will use the Godly Play curriculum to cultivate a love of Scripture and to build a foundational understanding of Scripture as one unified story. This person will disciple students and invite them, regardless of faith background, to discover the joy and freedom of the gospel of Christ. This person will lead students by embodying his/her own faith in action. Aug Prep is a community of staff, families, and students, and the Godly Play Teacher will be a spiritual mentor for our elementary students.
The Godly Play Teacher will:
- Develop (in collaboration with the Director of Christian Formation) a plan for the Godly Play program that allows students to go deeper across the K5-5 grade levels.
- Implement the Godly Play curriculum and activities to ensure that students engage deeply in the biblical narrative and Christian practices.
- Serve as the cultural and spiritual model for their students, always interacting respectfully and striving to demonstrate God’s love to their students and families.
- Attend all school-related professional development sessions and staff meetings.
- Plan and organize Elementary School worship.
- Increase student and staff participation in Elementary School worship.
- Create a caring, loving and joyful classroom environment.
- A belief that every child is made in the Image of God, and that God loves each child as they are and not merely as potential adults.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Bible, Children’s Ministry or a related degree (MDiv or Masters degree from a seminary preferred).
- Experience using the Godly Play or Catechesis of the Great Shepherd curricula.
- The completion of at least one core training preferred.
- A least 3 years experience in teaching/ministry.
- Experience leading and engaging students in worship.
- Participating member of a local Church.
- A passion to share the gospel and a gift for evangelism.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Able to balance a focus on big-picture priorities while not losing sight of the annual goals and objectives.
- Team player committed to the St. Augustine Preparatory mission and model.
- Lastly and most important, the candidate must demonstrate and possess the highest integrity. and be able to live the values, beliefs, and culture of St. Augustine Prep.
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, sex, national and ethnic origin or any other basis prohibited by law when hiring, promoting, establishing wages, or providing benefits.
As a faith-based institution based on biblical principles, St. Augustine Preparatory Academy hires employees who agree with the school’s Mission Statement and Statement of Beliefs and adhere to biblical standards of conduct.