High School Science Teacher
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy is seeking a candidate to fill a full-time High School Science Teacher (physical science/physics). Wisconsin Certification desirable, but not required. Experience with urban youth and the ability to utilize technology to engage and deepen learning for students are preferred. Coaching and other co-curricular assignments are available.
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy is a K4-12 Christian School. The school is a student-centered environment where young learners take ownership of their education not only in academics, but also physical health, creativity, and faith. Our graduates will go on to achieve their highest potential and make our city, and ultimately the world, a better place.
School vision: We develop young men and women of character by integrating family, faith, and education.
School mission: St. Augustine Preparatory Academy will provide the youth entrusted to us a faith-based education which develops the body, soul, mind, and character of each student by maximizing their individual potential. The students’ families and educators at St. Augustine Prep will provide an uninterrupted K-12 pathway to excellence that focuses on providing personalized instruction alongside superior opportunities to participate in athletics, performing arts, and community service in a safe and stimulating environment. Helping our students develop character and a personal relationship with Jesus are our primary goals. Our success and legacy will be measured by our graduates’ contributions to making the world, and especially Milwaukee, a better place to live, work, play, and raise a family.
Reporting structures: High School Teachers will report to the High School Principal
The High School program at St. Augustine Preparatory Academy combines research-based best instructional practices while also acknowledging the social, emotional, and developmental needs of every student. Students learn best when they are engaged in genuine and authentic learning experiences that align with their evolving interests, inspiring their natural curiosities and empowering them for future success.
Therefore, students at St. Augustine Prep High School will be immersed in both traditional and cross-curricular learning experiences, focused on their own personalized learning needs with a high degree of learner responsibility, empowered by student voice and choice. Teachers are expected to plan for and participate in both traditional and cross-curricular teaching and learning experiences for students. Classrooms will be equipped with innovative technology to assist teachers in differentiation, individualization, personalization, skill development, and accelerated programming for students based on their individual needs. The High School core curricular areas align with common core state standards, in addition to learning experiences provided in the fine arts (music, dance, theatre, visual arts), career education (STEM), physical education, and Spanish.
A St. Augustine Preparatory High School Teacher will:
- Hold the primary responsibility for the social, emotional, and academic development of their students while acknowledging their individual needs and development.
- Ensure that all students receive a high-quality educational experience resulting in high student achievement
- Serve as the cultural and spiritual model for their students, always interacting respectfully and striving to demonstrate God’s love to their students and families.
- Develop curriculum and instructional strategies to provide individualized and small group instruction by adapting the 9-12 approved curriculum to the needs of each pupil
- Use academic data to modify both whole and small-group instruction in order to best meet the needs of their students
- Evaluate pupils’ academic and social growth, keeping appropriate records in a timely fashion in order to prepare progress reports
- Identify pupil needs and make appropriate referrals; develop strategies for individual education plans as needed
- Integrate technology and student learning styles into instruction
- Work in a supportive and collaborative manner with colleagues, supervisors, students, parents/guardians, and community members
- Maintain and improve professional skills by participating in building and department meetings/professional development (collaborative planning time teams, etc.), formal coursework, workshops, and seminars/inservices in an effort to stay current with best teaching practices
- Maintain positive and productive relationships, focused on collective problem-solving processes, in order to create, support, and sustain an environment conducive to optimal learning
- A belief in the ability of every child and a commitment to ensure excellence for each student.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s degree in Education a plus).
- Participating member in a local Church.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Skilled in strategic planning, project management, and organization development; able to balance a focus on big-picture priorities while not losing sight of the annual goals and objectives.
- Team player committed to the St. Augustine Preparatory mission and model.
- Lastly and most important, the candidate must demonstrate and possess the highest integrity. and be able to live the values, beliefs, and culture of St. Augustine Prep.
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, sex, national and ethnic origin or any other basis prohibited by law when hiring, promoting, establishing wages, or providing benefits.
As a faith-based institution based on biblical principles, St. Augustine Preparatory Academy hires employees who agree with the school’s Mission Statement and Statement of Beliefs and adhere to biblical standards of conduct.