Middle & High School Campus Minister
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy is seeking a candidate to fill a full-time middle school and high school campus minister position. We seek a highly relational candidate who will inspire students to love God with their whole selves and to love their neighbors as themselves. This candidate will be passionate about helping students to grow a robust faith that lasts.
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy is a K4-12 Christian School. The school is a student-centered environment where young learners take ownership of their education not only in academics, but also physical health, creativity, and faith. Our graduates will go on to achieve their highest potential and make our city, and ultimately the world, a better place.
School Vision: St. Augustine Preparatory Academy develops students to be tomorrow’s leaders. They will be known by their strength of character, courage, intellect, impactful contributions and their faith and values.
School Mission: We will develop the leaders of tomorrow by;
- Providing exceptional Christian based education
- Offering am uninterrupted K-12 educational experience
- Educating the whole child – mind, body and soul
- Maximizing the potential of each individual student through personalized instruction
- Integrating family, faith, academics and athletics/arts
- Emphasizing grit, persistence and personal responsibility
- Offering a safe, stimulating and welcoming school environment
The middle and high school campus minister will report to the Director of Christian Formation.
As a Christian school, we walk alongside our students and families as the Holy Spirit works in their hearts and minds to draw them to Christ. Regardless of their faith background, our families know that Aug Prep is a hospitable space that accepts all as they are and that encourages all to become who God desires them to be. We seek to infuse the work of Aug Prep with a Christian vision for life and to model for our school community what it means to love God with our whole selves.
The middle and high school campus minister will journey with our middle and high school families on an adventure of faith. This person will disciple students and invite them, regardless of faith background, to discover the joy and freedom of the gospel of Christ. This person will lead students by embodying their own faith in action. Aug Prep is a community of staff, families, and students, and the campus minister will focus on building relationships with students.
Primary Areas of Responsibility
- Provide pastoral counseling services to middle and high school students, families, faculty, and staff as needed. Such services may include (but are not limited to) crisis counseling, grief work, and other assistance, and will include working alongside the student support services team.
- Provide spiritual mentorship for students when appropriate.
- Make yourself available to middle and high school students in a variety of ways (lunchtime, class visits, sports events, home visits, etc.)
- Build relationships with students that help them to connect faith and life in a school context.
- Develop extra-curricular opportunities for student discipleship. These opportunities will engage students informational activities such as Bible study, prayer, service, evangelism, etc.
- Participate in middle and high school spiritual life committees.
- Lead middle school SPIRIT Team.
- Possibly teach a high school Bible class.
- Lead, plan and execute middle and high school retreats.
- Lead, plan and execute middle and high school mission trips.
- Develop and coordinate a high school mentoring program.
- Lead, organize and weekly middle and high school chapel services.
- Lead celebrations of important seasons and feasts (Advent, Christmas, Epiphany, lent, etc.) as opportunities for discipleship.
- Coordinate and expand opportunities for students and staff to take ownership of aspects of school worship.
- Develop opportunities for middle and high school families to participate in school worship.
- A belief in the ability of every child and a commitment to ensure excellence for each student.
- Able to make deep connections with youth quickly and to inspire youth to follow Christ.
- A belief that every child is made in the Image of God, and that God loves each child as they are and not merely as potential adults.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Bible/Theology, Youth Ministry or related degree (MDiv or Masters degree from a seminary preferred).
- A least 5 years experience in ministry.
- Able to lead singing and music in worship.
- Participating member of a local Church.
- A passion to share the gospel and a gift for evangelism.
- Collaborates well with others and knows how to facilitate groups.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Able to balance a focus on big-picture priorities while not losing sight of the annual goals and objectives.
- Team player committed to the St. Augustine Preparatory mission and model.
- Lastly and most important, the candidate must demonstrate and possess the highest integrity, and be able to live the values, beliefs, and culture of St. Augustine Prep.
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, sex, national and ethnic origin or any other basis prohibited by law when hiring, promoting, establishing wages, or providing benefits.
As a faith-based institution based on biblical principles, St. Augustine Preparatory Academy hires employees who agree with the school’s Mission Statement and Statement of Beliefs and adhere to biblical standards of conduct.