St. Augustine Preparatory Academy is seeking a candidate to fill a full-time K-8 Fellow Teacher. Experience with urban youth and the ability to utilize technology to engage and deepen learning for students are preferred. Coaching and other co-curricular assignments are available.
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy is a K4-12 Christian School. The school is a student-centered environment where young learners take ownership of their education not only in academics, but also physical health, creativity, and faith. Our graduates will go on to achieve their highest potential and make our city, and ultimately the world, a better place.
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy develops students to be tomorrow’s leaders. They will be known by their strength of character, courage, intellect, impactful contributions and their faith.
We will develop the leaders of tomorrow by:
- Providing exceptional Christian based education
- Offering am uninterrupted K-12 educational experience
- Educating the whole child – mind, body and soul
- Maximizing the potential of each individual student through personalized instruction
- Integrating family, faith, academics and athletics/arts
- Emphasizing grit, persistence and personal responsibility
- Offering a safe, stimulating and welcoming school environment
Reporting structures: 6th Grade Teachers will report to the Elementary School Principal
Position description: The High School program at St. Augustine Preparatory Academy offers students a challenging and diverse academic program that continues to build on the foundations of Elementary School while adding additional depth of content, program offerings, and independence needed to continue the process of learning in preparation for High School.
Our flexible classroom model is based on the latest educational approaches to build collaboration, community, and personalization for the academic program. Within this structure, High School students learn how to be self-guided and independent learners while still maintaining the essential personal and emotional bonds of a strong High School program. Course offerings consist of English, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, and Language Arts. Additional classes in Art, Music, STEM, and Physical Education are also available for our students.
A St. Augustine Preparatory High School Teacher will:
- Hold the primary responsibility for the social, emotional, and academic development of their students while acknowledging their individual needs and development.
- Ensure that all students receive a high-quality educational experience resulting in high student achievement.
- Serve as the cultural and spiritual model for their students, always interacting respectfully and striving to demonstrate God’s love to their students and families.
- Develop curriculum and instructional strategies to provide individualized and small group instruction by adapting the 9-12 approved curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Use academic data to modify both whole and small-group instruction in order to best meet the needs of their students.
- Evaluate pupils’ academic and social growth, keeping appropriate records in a timely fashion in order to prepare progress reports.
- Identify pupil needs and make appropriate referrals; develop strategies for individual education plans as needed.
- Integrate technology and student learning styles into instruction.
- Work in a supportive and collaborative manner with colleagues, supervisors, students, parents/guardians, and community members.
- Maintain and improve professional skills by participating in building and department meetings/professional development (collaborative planning time teams, etc.), formal coursework, workshops, and seminars/inservices in an effort to stay current with best teaching practices.
- Maintain positive and productive relationships, focused on collective problem-solving processes, in order to create, support, and sustain an environment conducive to optimal learning.
- A belief in the ability of every child and a commitment to ensure excellence for each student.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s degree in Education a plus).
- Participating member of a local Church.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Skilled in strategic planning, project management, and organization development; able to balance a focus on big-picture priorities while not losing sight of the annual goals and objectives.
- A team player committed to the St. Augustine Preparatory mission and model.
- Lastly and most important, the candidate must demonstrate and possess the highest integrity. and be able to live the values, beliefs, and culture of St. Augustine Prep.
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, sex, national and ethnic origin or any other basis prohibited by law when hiring, promoting, establishing wages, or providing benefits.
As a faith-based institution based on biblical principles, St. Augustine Preparatory Academy hires employees who agree with the school’s Mission Statement and Statement of Beliefs and adhere to biblical standards of conduct.