Middle School Interventionist
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy (Aug Prep) is a K4-12 Christian School on Milwaukee’s South side that opened in the summer of 2017. The school is a student-centered environment where young learners take ownership of their education not only in academics, but also physical health, creativity, and faith. Our graduates will go on to achieve their highest potential and make our city, and ultimately the world, a better place. The school currently enrolls about 1,300 students.
The middle school interventionist provides specialized training in reading, writing, and mathematics to students who are struggling academically and/or students who need enrichment. This individual will work as a liaison between children, parents, and teachers in order to provide the best education possible. An interventionist will monitor the progress of his or her entire caseload, maintain records, and communicate with parents. This person will work with grade level content teams and administration. The middle school interventionist may work on a pull-out type program for a portion of the day and at other times support the grade level content teacher in the classroom.
Job Responsibilities and Roles:
- Hold the primary responsibility for the social, emotional, and academic development of their students while acknowledging their individual needs and development.
- Ensure that all students receive a high-quality educational experience resulting in high student achievement
- Serve as the cultural and spiritual model for their students, always interacting respectfully and striving to demonstrate God’s love to their students and families.
- Develop curriculum and instructional strategies to provide individualized and small group instruction by adapting the 6-8 approved curriculum to the needs of each pupil
- Use academic data to modify both whole and small group instruction in order to best meet the needs of their students
- Evaluate pupils’ academic and social growth, keeping appropriate records in a timely fashion in order to prepare progress reports
- Identify pupil needs and make appropriate referrals; develop strategies for individual education plans as needed
- Integrate technology and student learning styles into instruction
- Cover classes as needed
- Maintain positive and productive relationships, focused on collective problem-solving processes, in order to create, support, and sustain an environment conducive to optimal learning
- A belief in the ability of every child and a commitment to ensure excellence for each student.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years teaching experience with a track record of strong academic achievement
- Participating member in a local Church.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- A team player committed to the St. Augustine Preparatory mission and model.
- Lastly and most important, the candidate must demonstrate and possess the highest integrity and be able to live the values, beliefs, and culture of St. Augustine Prep.
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, sex, national and ethnic origin or any other basis prohibited by law when hiring, promoting, establishing wages, or providing benefits.
As a faith-based institution based on biblical principles, St. Augustine Preparatory Academy hires employees who agree with the school’s Mission Statement and Statement of Beliefs and adhere to biblical standards of conduct.