Office Administrative Assistant – High School
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy is seeking a candidate to fill a full-time Office Administrative Assistant for our high school. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate knowledge of office operations, practices and procedures; have exceptional organizational skills; have the ability to accomplish work with frequent interruptions; possess clerical and filing skills; demonstrate consistently and with the utmost discretion strict CONFIDENTIALITY of matters related to students, families, and staff; demonstrate timeliness in completion of tasks; demonstrate a tactful, warm, friendly and competent public demeanor; has the ability to work cooperatively with others; have knowledge of and ability to operate office equipment such as computers, fax machines, shredders, copiers, etc.; possess speed and accuracy with keyboarding and word processing skills; knowledge of and application of English usage and spelling; knowledge of and accuracy with basic mathematical functions; knowledge of how to use Excel to create and enter data into various documents.
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy is a K4-12 Christian School that opened on Milwaukee’s Southside at 2607 S. 5th Street in August of 2017. The school is a student-centered environment where young learners take ownership of their education not only in academics, but also physical health, creativity, and faith. Our graduates will go on to achieve their highest potential and make our city, and ultimately the word, a better place.
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy develops students to be tomorrow’s leaders. They will be known by their strength of character, courage, intellect, impactful contributions and their faith.
We will develop the leaders of tomorrow by:
- Providing exceptional Christian based education
- Offering am uninterrupted K-12 educational experience
- Educating the whole child – mind, body and soul
- Maximizing the potential of each individual student through personalized instruction
- Integrating family, faith, academics and athletics/arts
- Emphasizing grit, persistence and personal responsibility
- Offering a safe, stimulating and welcoming school environment
Reporting structures: Office Administrative Assistant will report to the Superintendent
- High school diploma/equivalent; Associates Degree in Office Administration/ Secretarial training preferred
- Experience in a busy office environment; able to multi-task
- Superb organizational and communication skills
- Understands and complies with Confidentiality requirements
- Demonstrated fast keyboarding skills (65+ wpm)
- Experience with Word, Excel, database and web-based programs
- Ability to work within fast-paced environment and with minimal supervision
- Bilingual Spanish fluency desirable
Specific Job Tasks:
- Interaction with families who come to the office or call, assisting them with whatever they may need.
- Photocopies attendance/ lunch sheets, articles, or other documents and distributes to identified persons.
- Types various documents, such as letters and memos.
- Data entry of essential student information into student management software.
- Makes and/or returns telephone calls and relay messages to the administrative staff.
- Types and sends e-mail messages as directed.
- Assists with entry and dismissal.
- Distribute daily mail.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned by the superintendent to assist in the flow of information amongst staff and/or families.
Work requires frequent movement through the school and office. Computer, telephone, copier and fax machine are used often. Contact with a full range of students, staff and the general public including but not limited to parents, children, bus companies and their employees, maintenance workers, government agency employees, etc. Intense and fast paced at times. The office contains highly confidential material, records and legal documents related to students, staff, parents, and school district matters.
Visual acuity and standard range of hearing required to perform office duties. Lifting, moving, pushing, pulling objects or packages of twenty-five pounds or more may be required. Extended periods of work seated at a desk or computer. May also require extended periods of time standing while collating or copying material and/or while talking with parents and other guests.
Must be able to cope with a fast-paced and occasionally tense environment; multi-tasking; organization; logical process; flexibility; language acuity; mathematical acuity; calmness; sensitivity; cooperativeness; friendliness; concentration; decisiveness; frankness; accuracy of spoken or written statements; truthfulness; honesty; focus on detail; persuasiveness; confidentiality; emotional control.
Standard office equipment including multi-line telephone system with voice mail capabilities; computer with database, spreadsheet, word processing and internet/e-mail capability; copier; fax.
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, sex, national and ethnic origin or any other basis prohibited by law when hiring, promoting, establishing wages, or providing benefits.
As a faith-based institution based on biblical principles, St. Augustine Preparatory Academy hires employees who agree with the school’s Mission Statement and Statement of Beliefs and adhere to biblical standards of conduct.