Bilingual Office Administrative Assistant
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy (Aug Prep) is a K4-12 Christian School on Milwaukee’s South side that opened in the summer of 2017. The school is a student-centered environment where young learners take ownership of their education not only in academics, but also physical health, creativity, and faith. Our graduates will go on to achieve their highest potential and make our city, and ultimately the world, a better place. The school currently enrolls about 1,500 students and employs over 175 staff members.
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy is seeking a candidate to fill a full-time Bilingual (Spanish) Office Administrative Assistant. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate knowledge of office operations, practices and procedures, have exceptional organizational skills, and be able to accomplish work with frequent interruptions. The role requires maintaining strict confidentiality of matters related to students, families, and staff. The ideal candidate is comfortable communicating in a number of manners (phone, live, email) and demonstrates a tactful, warm, friendly and competent public demeanor. Speed and accuracy with keyboarding and word processing skills will greatly aid in this positions, as will knowledge of and application of English and Spanish usage and spelling.
Job Responsibilities and Roles
- Interact with families who come to the office or call, assisting them with whatever they may need.
- Enter attendance data, communicate with appropriate parties (teacher, administration, family).
- Data entry of essential student information into student management software and other platforms.
- Make and/or return telephone calls and relay messages to other team members.
- Types and sends e-mail messages as directed.
- Assist with entry and dismissal.
- Create, copy, and correctly file documents.
- Distribute daily mail.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to assist in the flow of information amongst staff and/or families.
- A belief in the ability of every child and a commitment to ensure excellence for each student.
- Participating member in a local Church.
- High school diploma/equivalent; Associate Degree in Office Administration/ Secretarial training preferred
- Bilingual Spanish fluency
- Experience in a busy office environment; able to multi-task
- Superb organizational and communication skills
- Understands and complies with confidentiality requirements
- Demonstrated fast keyboarding skills (55+ wpm)
- Experience with office and web-based programs
- Ability to work within fast-paced environment and with minimal supervision
- Team player committed to the St. Augustine Preparatory mission and model.
- Lastly and most important, the candidate must demonstrate and possess the highest integrity and be able to live the values, beliefs, and culture of St. Augustine Prep
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, sex, national and ethnic origin or any other basis prohibited by law when hiring, promoting, establishing wages, or providing benefits.
As a faith-based institution based on biblical principles, St. Augustine Preparatory Academy hires employees who agree with the school’s Mission Statement and Statement of Beliefs and adhere to biblical standards of conduct.