Resident Administrator – Middle School
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy is seeking a candidate to fill a full-time Middle School Resident Administrator (administrator in training) for the 2019-2020 school year. Administrative certification desirable, but not required. Experience with urban youth and personalized learning required. A minimum of 6 years of teaching, coaching, and/or administrative experience is required. Preference would be given to Spanish bilingual candidates.
Overview of Our School
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy is a K4-12 Christian School. The school is a student-centered environment where young learners take ownership of their education not only in academics, but also physical health, creativity, and faith. Our graduates will go on to achieve their highest potential and make our city, and ultimately the world, a better place.
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy develops students to be tomorrow’s leaders. They will be known for their strength of character, courage, intellect, impactful contributions and their faith.
We will develop the leaders of tomorrow by:
- Providing exceptional Christian based education
- Offering am uninterrupted K-12 educational experience
- Educating the whole child – mind, body and soul
- Maximizing the potential of each individual student through personalized instruction
- Integrating family, faith, academics and athletics/arts
- Emphasizing grit, persistence and personal responsibility
- Offering a safe, stimulating and welcoming school environment
Reporting structures: The Middle School Resident Administrator will report to the building principal.
The Middle School Resident Administrator serves as a school academic leader. He or she is responsible for executing the school’s vision and providing an uninterrupted pathway to student achievement that includes personalized instruction, innovative curriculum, world-class teachers and superior opportunities to participate in athletics, performing arts and community service. This leader will serve as a role model of mature Christian faith for our students and their families.
Critical to the role is the ability to manage many priorities including curriculum planning and development, program evaluation, teacher observation and supervision, data-driven instruction, financial management, resource scheduling and facilities operations. Performance responsibilities under the direction of the building principal include but are not limited to:
- Develop academic goals and performance benchmark. Ensure accountability and performance management of teachers to ensure student achievement gains are realized.
- Build a high-performing, consistent data-driven culture across the school. Use the data to make instructional, program and evaluation decisions.
- Implement a coaching, observation and feedback cycle that effectively develops staff.
- Vertically plan and align with elementary school leadership to ensure a strong, aligned learning continuum throughout the K4 to 12 system.
- Develop and promote a strong school culture as well as the school’s core values, philosophy, and faith identity.
- Build collaborations and partnerships throughout the community to add value to the school and assist in student recruitment.
- Oversee student discipline ensuring that student discipline is addressed in a consistent, fair and timely manner.
- Build and retain staff, students, and families to ensure a high teacher and student retention rate.
- In partnership with the building principal, build a human capital strategy, talent partnerships and career paths for the school staff.
- Nurture the faith and development of the school community.
- Ensure high-quality faith experiences and formation for all students.
- Provide ongoing opportunities for students, families, and staff to celebrate faith.
- Manage use of school facilities; supervise maintenance to ensure a safe and clean school.
- Implement building policies and procedures.
- Oversee all operations, programs, and extracurricular activities of the school.
- A belief in the ability of every child and a commitment to ensure excellence for each student
- A minimum of 6 years of teaching, coaching, and/or administrative experience
- Master’s degree and an administrator’s license preferred
- Active membership and participation in a local church
- Effective oral and written communication skills; preference would be given to Spanish bilingual candidates
- Team player committed to the St. Augustine Preparatory mission and model
- Lastly and most importantly, the candidate must demonstrate and possess the highest integrity and be able to live the values and culture of St. Augustine Preparatory School
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, sex, national and ethnic origin or any other basis prohibited by law when hiring, promoting, establishing wages, or providing benefits.
As a faith-based institution based on biblical principles, St. Augustine Preparatory Academy hires employees who agree with the school’s Mission Statement and Statement of Beliefs and adhere to biblical standards of conduct.