- Expect your students report cards in the mail within the next 2 weeks
- Be on the lookout for a packet in the mail which will contain your student's proof of enrollment, summer programming, and everything you need to know before the first day of school
- Wednesday, July 26 - Choose what you can use event
Hey Aug Prep Families!
We've got some fantastic news that will make your day extra special! Introducing the Aug Prep Brick Garden—an exciting opportunity for your family to be a part of our school's history and leave a lasting legacy. Purchase and personalize a brick today by clicking here!
We can't wait to see your family's brick in our garden, reminding us of all the incredible families that make Aug Prep shine. Questions? Contact Elizabeth O’Hara at [email protected] Thank you for being a part of our journey!
Dear Aug Prep families,
As we ready ourselves for a fun and celebratory end of this school year, we are also deep into planning for next year. We wanted to share a few updates to our Aug Prep student uniform for the 2023-24 school year. All current uniform pieces remain in place for next year but we wanted to share a few additional options. The full uniform policy along with sample fliers will be shared with families in June with our report card mailing.
**Important note: The below changes do not go into effect until the 2023-2024 school year.**
Additions to our policy:
- K4-12 Girls: Black or khaki skort, jumper, or chino/twill pants (no joggers/sweatpants or leggings worn without a skort or jumper)
- K4-12 Boys: Black or khaki twill/chino pants (no joggers/sweatpants)
- K4-12: Wednesday Spirit Days - Students may wear Aug Prep or college shirts with uniform bottoms and tennis shoes or dress shoes (crocs are also allowed on Wednesdays only); full uniform may also be worn
- K4-K5 Only: Students may wear any Aug Prep shirt or t-shirt with uniform bottom
- 6-12 PE: Students may wear any Aug Prep t-shirt or any gray or black school-appropriate shirt and shorts/pants
- 9-12: Goldfish is the preferred provider for pants, but is not required
Please reach out to your school-level secretary with any questions.
Estimadas familias de Aug Prep,
Mientras nos preparamos para un final divertido y festivo de este año escolar, también estamos metidos en la planificación para el próximo año. Queríamos compartir algunas actualizaciones de nuestro uniforme de estudiante de Aug Prep para el año escolar 2023-24. Todas las piezas del uniforme actual permanecen en su lugar para el próximo año, pero queríamos compartir algunas opciones adicionales. La política de uniforme completo junto con volantes de muestra se compartirán con las familias en junio con nuestro envío de boletas de calificaciones.
**Nota importante: Los siguientes cambios no entrarán en vigencia hasta el año escolar 2023-2024.**
Adiciones a nuestra política:
- Niñas de K4-12: pantalón negro o caqui, suéter, o pantalones chinos/de sarga (no se permiten joggers/pantalones de chándal o calzas sin falda pantalón o suéter)
- Niños de K4-12: sarga negra o caqui/pantalones chinos (no joggers/pantalones de chándal)
- K4-12: Días de espíritu (los miércoles): los estudiantes pueden usar camisetas de Aug Prep o universitarias con pantalones de uniforme y zapatos tenis o zapatos de vestir (los cocodrilos también se permiten solo los miércoles); también se puede usar el uniforme completo
- Solo K4-K5: los estudiantes pueden usar cualquier camisa o camiseta de Aug Prep con la parte inferior del uniforme
- 6-12 Educación Física: los estudiantes pueden usar cualquier camiseta de Aug Prep o cualquier camiseta y pantalones cortos/pantalones cortos o pantalones grises o negros apropiados para la escuela.
- 9-12: Goldfish es el proveedor preferido de pantalones, pero no es obligatorio
- Comuníquese con la secretaria de su escuela si tiene alguna pregunta.
Más fuertes juntos,
Presidente de la escuela
There are many organizations throughout Wisconsin that provide free healthy meals to children throughout the summer. You may use one or more of the following resources to find your nearest location. The Site Finder maps are updated weekly.
- Summer Meals Site Finder - English
- Call 2-1-1
- 2-1-1 is a free, easy-to-remember phone number connecting callers with health and human services in their community.
- Text 'food' to 304-304
Note: The 877-877 texting number is no longer in use! It has changed to 304-304. Please update outreach resources developed by your agency. DPI has updated outreach materials that contained this number. Those resources that have been updated include the banners, business cards, and the car magnets.
In need of additional information on how to obtain food? Hunger Free America operates the National Hunger Hotline on behalf of USDA. The hotline is a resource for individuals and families seeking information on how to obtain food. The National Hunger Hotline staff connects callers with emergency food providers in their community, government assistance programs, and various social services. The hotline can be reached at 1-866-3-HUNGRY (1-866-348-6479) or 1-877-8-HAMBRE (for Spanish) from Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. ET.
CLICK HERE FOR ELEMENTARY SPECIFIC UPDATES
Milwaukee Ballet is delighted to share with you details about our upcoming summer Discover Dance Camp!
In its second year, Discover Dance Camp provides 3rd through 5th grade students from the city of Milwaukee the opportunity to immerse themselves in dance for a full week, day camp.
The free camp runs the following weeks at Milwaukee Ballet (128 North Jackson Street):
- June 19-23
- June 26-30
- July 10-14
Camp is available for 3-5th graders. To apply, students need to have finished third grade (i.e., incoming 4th graders) and can have completed 5th grade to apply (i.e., incoming 6th graders).
Please see the attached brochure for more details about the program. Sign up is here.
We are offering free lunch and free bus transportation is provided from MPS Schools - ALBA, Allen-Field and Parkside.
Please reach out with any questions.
CLICK HERE FOR MIDDLE SCHOOL SPECIFIC UPDATES
SUMMER ARTS CAMP
Join an Arts Camp this summer to discover your passion and unleash your artistic potential!
Tbey's summer arts camp is a perfect opportunity for youth to explore multiple disciplines of art. From painting and drawing to music and theatre, they offer a variety of art experiences guided by teaching artists to inspire and encourage creativity.
Lunch and snacks are provided. Ages 10-18
CLICK HERE HIGH SCHOOL SPECIFIC UPDATES
THIS WENT OUT TO STUDENTS... PLEASE SPEAK TO YOUR STUDENT TO SEE IF THEY HAVE APPLIED.
COMMUNITY RESOURCES / EVENTS
If you have questions or concerns regarding specific school information, please reach out to your school secretary:
- Elementary - [email protected]
- Middle School - [email protected]
- High School - [email protected]