2021-2022 Boys Head Basketball Coach
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy (Aug Prep) is a K4-12 multi-denominational Christian School on Milwaukee’s Southside that opened in the summer of 2017. Our school is a student-centered environment where young learners take ownership of their education not only in academics, but also physical health, creativity, and faith. Our graduates will go on to achieve their highest potential and make our city, and ultimately the world, a better place. Aug Prep currently enrolls over 1,400 students, with our first class of seniors graduating in spring 2021.
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy is seeking a Boys Head Basketball Coach passionate about Jesus, basketball and working with our students, staff and families to equip our students not only as athletes but in their growth on and off the court. The right candidate is dynamic, resourceful with a vision for opportunities, an excellent communicator and project manager, and able to build relationships across multiple constituencies. The candidate will have the opportunity to grow and develop the program with a grassroots approach. This is not a full time position, it is approximately 15 hours/week (afternoons/evenings) during the season and offers opportunities to have summer programming..
- Supports the school’s educational mission for all students and implements all school regulations and policies in a fair and equitable manner.
- Participates and contributes to Fellowship of Christian Athletes with the Boys Basketball Program by attending, speaking and respecting weekly huddles and helping coordinate end of season FCA Banquet events
- Oversees tryouts and selects participants in accordance with established guidelines.
- Head Coach and Assistants will model character, faith and personal integrity on and off the court.
- Plans and schedules a regular program of practice.
- Works closely with the Athletic Director in scheduling contests, practices, meets, transportation and competitions.
- Recommends equipment, supplies, and uniforms for purchase using the designated provider.
- Prepares and adheres to approved budgets.
- Maintains attendance forms, insurance records, physical forms, and other required paperwork.
- Oversees the safety conditions of the facility or area in which assigned sport or activity is conducted and when students are present.
- Attends required meetings and fulfills test requirements of the WIAA.
- Maintains an accurate inventory of equipment, uniforms, and supplies.
- Communicates effectively and promotes positive interpersonal relationships.
- Informs students of school policies, activities, eligibility, and team rules.
- Distributes and cares for equipment.
- Establishes a sound program of injury prevention and works with the Athletic Trainer to progress with scientifically backed best practices for the care of student athletes.
- Ensures supervision for all contests, meets, and practices including after finished making sure all students are picked up.
- Supervises, develops and evaluates Assistant Coaches.
- The performance responsibilities are not limited to those outlined in this description and may include any other responsibilities as assigned by the Athletic Director.
- A deep belief in our mission to provide an exceptional, safe and holistic K4-12. Christian education and athletics developing our students to be tomorrow’s leaders.
- Participating member of a local church.
- A belief in the ability of every child and a commitment to ensure excellence for each student.
- Represent the school with professionalism and embrace the concept of being an ambassador for Augustine Prep.
- Serve as the cultural and spiritual model for their student-athletes, always interacting respectfully.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 3 or more years of coaching experience.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; bilingual in Spanish preferred.
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, sex, national and ethnic origin or any other basis prohibited by law when hiring, promoting, establishing wages, or providing benefits.
As a faith-based institution based on biblical principles, St. Augustine Preparatory Academy hires employees who agree with the school’s Mission Statement and Statement of Beliefs and adhere to biblical standards of conduct.