2021-2022 Elementary School Success Coordinator
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy (Aug Prep) is a K4-12 multi-denominational Christian School on Milwaukee’s Southside that opened in the summer of 2017. Our school is a student-centered environment where young learners take ownership of their education not only in academics, but also physical health, creativity, and faith. Our graduates will go on to achieve their highest potential and make our city, and ultimately the world, a better place. Aug Prep currently enrolls over 1,400 students, with our first class of seniors graduating in spring 2021.
The School Success Coordinator is responsible for shaping and sustaining the academic connection between school and home for students in Elementary School (ES) in a variety of different ways. They serve as the lead coordinator for multiple different initiatives and areas across ES, all that have a direct impact on the success of students, staff, and families of Aug Prep.
This position is considered part of the Aug Prep leadership team and will work closely with the other four members of the ES leadership team. Leaders at Aug Prep are considered year-round employees, attend all school events, help manage and direct the entire student body and staff, represent the school to external stakeholders, community members, and families and support the larger goals of the school as needed.
St. Augustine Preparatory Elementary Success Coordinator will:
- Serve as a tier two discipline support for students and staff, including:
- Intervening in classroom situations that meet the criteria for a classroom removal
- Present and discuss discipline data with instructional and grade level teams to promote, support, celebrate, and improve any and all aspects of our student behavioral culture along with social worker and other admin
- Report to the principal to highlight gathered data, gain approval for proposed solutions/resolutions to data/issues, and evaluate the effectiveness of systems/protocols put in place.
- Manage behavior tracking in IC and work in conjunction with admin team to identity trends and supports for student behavior
- Support the academic systems and structures of the elementary school, including:
- Meet with families whose students are academically at risk (bottom 10%) to create action plans along with Principal and ES secretary
- Coordinate all parts of reading and math intervention for the lowest quartile of students.
- Own all aspects of the online gradebook; including PD, troubleshooting, and monitoring for accuracy and frequency of grades
- Support ES testing in coordination, implementation, troubleshooting, and initial breakdown/analysis of data for MAP, Forward, Phonics assessments, and other summative assessments.
- Use assessment data to create and refine intervention groups w/ coach and teacher support
- Work in collaboration with ES secretary on habitually absent and tardy students to develop interventions and implement contracts when needed with families.
- Facilitate and plan partnerships and initiatives for students and families
- Plan, facilitate, and ensure a successful K4 Outreach
- In conjunction with Principal, support and manage outside partnerships (SHARP, Marquette, First Stage, etc)
- Plan and facilitate bi-monthly parent events (alternating between K4 and other grades)
- Serve as initial point person for summer school programming (typically Feb-April)
- A belief in the ability of every child and a commitment to ensure excellence for each student.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s degree in Education a plus).
- Participating member in a local church.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Skilled in strategic planning, project management, and organization development; able to balance a focus on big picture priorities while not losing sight of the annual goals and objectives.
- Team player committed to the St. Augustine Preparatory mission and model.
- Lastly and most important, the candidate must demonstrate and possess the highest integrity and be able to live the values, beliefs, and culture of St. Augustine Prep.
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, sex, national and ethnic origin or any other basis prohibited by law when hiring, promoting, establishing wages, or providing benefits.
As a faith-based institution based on biblical principles, St. Augustine Preparatory Academy hires employees who agree with the school’s Mission Statement and Statement of Beliefs and adhere to biblical standards of conduct.