2021-2022 High School Fellow Teacher
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy (Aug Prep) is a K4-12 multi-denominational Christian School on Milwaukee’s Southside that opened in the summer of 2017. Our school is a student-centered environment where young learners take ownership of their education not only in academics, but also physical health, creativity, and faith. Our graduates will go on to achieve their highest potential and make our city, and ultimately the world, a better place. Aug Prep currently enrolls over 1,400 students.
The High School program at St. Augustine Preparatory Academy combines research-based best instructional practices while also acknowledging the social, emotional, and developmental needs of every student. Students learn best when they are engaged in genuine and authentic learning experiences that align with their evolving interests, inspiring their natural curiosities and empowering them for future success.
Therefore, students at St. Augustine Prep High School are immersed in both traditional and cross-curricular learning experiences, focused on their own personalized learning needs with a high degree of learner responsibility, empowered by student voice and choice. Teachers are expected to plan for and participate in both traditional and cross-curricular teaching and learning experiences for students. Classrooms are equipped with innovative technology to assist teachers in differentiation, individualization, personalization, skill development, and accelerated programming for students based on their individual needs. The High School core curricular areas align with common core state standards, in addition to learning experiences provided in the fine arts (music, dance, theatre, and visual arts), career education (STEM), physical education, and Spanish.
Aug Prep is looking to hire a High School Fellow Teacher for the 2021-2022 school year. The ideal candidate will be an exceptional collaborator and team player. We are particularly interested in educators passionate about working in urban education as a part of a high-performing, driven staff. Candidates should be organized, detail oriented, and show expertise in developing lesson plans. Our fellow program is ideal for early career teachers or career changers looking to develop their teaching skills.
A St. Augustine Preparatory High School Fellow Teacher will:
- Lead classes in the case of a teacher absence while maintaining the classroom’s culture and rigor
- Hold responsibility for the social, emotional, and academic development of their students while acknowledging their individual needs and development.
- Ensure that all students receive a high-quality educational experience
- Serve as the cultural and spiritual model for their students, always interacting respectfully and striving to demonstrate God’s love to their students and families.
- Identify pupil needs and make appropriate referrals; develop strategies for individual education plans as needed
- Work in a supportive and collaborative manner with colleagues, supervisors, students, parents/guardians, and community members
- Maintain and improve professional skills by participating in building and department meetings/professional development (collaborative planning time teams, etc.), formal coursework, workshops, and seminars/inservices in an effort to stay current with best teaching practices
- Maintain positive and productive relationships, focused on collective problem-solving processes, in order to create, support, and sustain an environment conducive to optimal learning.
- A belief in the ability of every child and a commitment to ensure excellence for each student.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s degree a plus).
- Participating member of a local Church.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Skilled in strategic planning, project management, and organization development; able to balance a focus on big picture priorities while not losing sight of the annual goals and objectives.
- Team player committed to the St. Augustine Preparatory mission and model.
- Lastly and most important, the candidate must demonstrate and possess the highest integrity, and be able to live the values, beliefs, and culture of St. Augustine Prep.
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, sex, national and ethnic origin or any other basis prohibited by law when hiring, promoting, establishing wages, or providing benefits.
As a faith-based institution based on biblical principles, St. Augustine Preparatory Academy hires employees who agree with the school’s Mission Statement and Statement of Beliefs and adhere to biblical standards of conduct.