2021-2022 High School Instructional Coach
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy (Aug Prep) is a K4-12 multi-denominational Christian School on Milwaukee’s Southside that opened in the summer of 2017. Our school is a student-centered environment where young learners take ownership of their education not only in academics, but also physical health, creativity, and faith. Our graduates will go on to achieve their highest potential and make our city, and ultimately the world, a better place. Aug Prep currently enrolls over 1,400 students, with our first class of seniors graduating in spring 2021.
We believe that the greatest lever to student success is a strong teacher in every classroom. Our building is full of amazing students and teachers who work tirelessly for the good of their students. Aug Prep is looking for a High School Instructional Coach who loves Jesus, loves kids, and loves equipping teachers for excellence in instruction. The Instructional Coach works directly with teachers to improve and maximize their instructional, social, and emotional impact on our amazing students. We are seeking a person who models continuous improvement, lifelong learning, strong moral character, and goes above and beyond to ensure student success. In addition, the Instructional Coach also serves as a model of mature Christian faith and demonstrates the values of Aug Prep on a daily basis. This is a year-round position.
Job Responsibilities and Roles
- Support the instructional development of all teachers in understanding Biblical integration across subjects, CCSS, assessments, the Framework for Teaching, and data analysis. Ability to both model and coach what this looks like within the classroom.
- Build strong professional relationships with teachers, administrators, and other coaches.
- Facilitate (direct as needed) the HS curriculum to continue to be consistent with Aug Prep initiatives and the team’s instructional practices.
- Collaboratively work with other HS team members to continue to build and refine, if needed, a clear scope and sequence across grade levels.
- Assist teachers in understanding Aug Prep mission and core values.
- Model lessons in classrooms on a daily/weekly basis as needed.
- Support with standardized assessment, as needed.
- Support with student behaviors, as needed.
- Assist teachers with resources, materials, tools, information, etc. to support classroom instruction and planning, including new resources.
- Support teachers and administrators in using data to improve instruction on all levels.
- Assist teachers with planning and pacing of lessons, the development of differentiated lessons, and the selection of best practices to meet the needs of their students.
- Develop differentiated coaching plans for teachers – meeting them at their level of practice and setting goals for growth to ensure student improvement and development of their professional practice.
- Contribute to the development of systems and structures to improve teacher practice within Aug Prep.
- Attend and lead training and professional development as needed.
- Facilitate opportunities for teachers to learn from each other like faculty showcase and peer observations.
- The candidate must be mission-driven, demonstrate the highest integrity, and be able to live the values, beliefs, and culture of Aug Prep.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Participating member of a church.
- Teaching certification preferred, but not required.
- Minimum 5 years experience teaching, with a strong track record of successfully impacting student achievement and working successfully with students who have the greatest needs.
- Proven ability to work cooperatively and effectively with colleagues, including the ability to create and nurture a professional community of adult learners.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities, including the ability to see the big picture while working directly with teachers to influence the details driving the overall direction.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including high impact facilitation of professional development, giving and receiving constructive feedback, and effective 1:1 coaching.
- Proven ability in using student-level data to guide instructional decisions.
- Demonstrated teacher leadership with strong pedagogical knowledge and content expertise.
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, sex, national and ethnic origin or any other basis prohibited by law when hiring, promoting, establishing wages, or providing benefits.
As a faith-based institution based on biblical principles, St. Augustine Preparatory Academy hires employees who agree with the school’s Mission Statement and Statement of Beliefs and adhere to biblical standards of conduct.