2021-2022 Middle School Teacher
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy (Aug Prep) is a K4-12 multi-denominational Christian School on Milwaukee’s Southside that opened in the summer of 2017. Our school is a student-centered environment where young learners take ownership of their education not only in academics, but also physical health, creativity, and faith. Our graduates will go on to achieve their highest potential and make our city, and ultimately the world, a better place. Aug Prep currently enrolls over 1,400 students, with our first class of seniors graduating in spring 2021.
The Middle School program at St. Augustine Preparatory Academy offers students a challenging and diverse academic program that continues to build on the foundations of Elementary School while adding additional depth of content, program offerings, and independence needed to continue the process of learning in preparation for High School.
Our flexible classroom model is based on the latest educational approaches to build collaboration, community, and personalization for the academic program.Within this structure, we use data to drive our instruction and Middle School students learn how to be independent learners which will support them in high school and beyond Course offerings consist of English, mathematics, science, social studies, and Language arts. Additional classes in art, music, STEM, physical education, and music are also available for students daily.
A St. Augustine Preparatory Middle School Teacher will:
- Hold the primary responsibility for the social, emotional, and academic development of their students while acknowledging their individual needs and development.
- Ensure that all students receive a high-quality educational experience resulting in high student achievement.
- Serve as the cultural and spiritual model for their students, always interacting respectfully and striving to demonstrate God’s love to their students and families.
- Develop curriculum and instructional strategies to provide individualized and small group instruction by adapting the 6-8 approved curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Use academic data to modify both whole and small-group instruction in order to best meet the needs of their students.
- Evaluate pupils’ academic and social growth, keeping appropriate records in a timely fashion in order to prepare progress reports.
- Identify pupil needs and make appropriate referrals; develop strategies for individual education plans as needed.
- Integrate technology and student learning styles into instruction.
- Work in a supportive and collaborative manner with colleagues, supervisors, students, parents/guardians, and community members.
- Maintain and improve professional skills by participating in building and department meetings, professional development (collaborative planning time teams, etc.), coaching, formal coursework, workshops, and seminars/inservices in an effort to stay current with best teaching practices.
- Maintain positive and productive relationships, focused on collective problem-solving processes, in order to create, support, and sustain an environment conducive to optimal learning.
- A belief in the ability of every child and a commitment to ensure excellence for each student.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s degree in Education a plus).
- Participating member in a local Church.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Skilled in strategic planning, project management, and organization development; able to balance a focus on big picture priorities while not losing sight of the annual goals and objectives.
- Team player committed to the St. Augustine Preparatory mission and model.
- Lastly and most important, the candidate must demonstrate and possess the highest integrity, and be able to live the values, beliefs, and culture of St. Augustine Prep.
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, sex, national and ethnic origin or any other basis prohibited by law when hiring, promoting, establishing wages, or providing benefits.
As a faith-based institution based on biblical principles, St. Augustine Preparatory Academy hires employees who agree with the school’s Mission Statement and Statement of Beliefs and adhere to biblical standards of conduct.