21-22 Development Support Specialist
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy (Aug Prep) is a K4-12 multi-denominational Christian School on Milwaukee’s Southside that opened in the summer of 2017. Our school is a student-centered environment where young learners take ownership of their education not only in academics, but also physical health, creativity, and faith. Our graduates will go on to achieve their highest potential and make our city, and ultimately the world, a better place. Aug Prep currently enrolls 1,500 students.
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy is seeking a candidate to fill a full-time Development Support Specialist position. The successful candidate will shine the light of Jesus in every interaction they have. This candidate should be able to demonstrate knowledge of office operations, practices and procedures, have exceptional organizational skills, and be able to accomplish multiple tasks simultaneously. The role requires maintaining strict confidentiality of matters related to donors, students, families and staff. The ideal candidate is comfortable communicating in a number of manners (phone, in person, and email) and demonstrates a tactful, warm, friendly and competent public demeanor.
Job Responsibilities & Roles
- Assists the development team with all aspects of donor records in the donor management database of individual, foundation and corporate donors to grow charitable giving.
- Maintains and updates constituent records and manages donor lists to support the fundraising efforts of the team.
- With direction from the team, develops administrative briefs for prospective donors.
- Coordinates team purchasing, such as giveaways and supplies.
- Supports communication and fundraising functions, including events.
- Assists production and distribution of mailings and reports.
- Provides monthly/weekly/daily reports as assigned.
- Performs some writing with the guidance of the team, and updates the website as needed.
- Coordinates meetings and the details associated with each meeting (agenda, reservations, materials, etc.).
- Provides event support for fundraising and stewardship events throughout the year.
- A belief in the ability of every child and a commitment to ensure excellence for each student
- Participating member in a local church
- High school diploma/equivalent; Associate Degree in Office Administration/ Secretarial training preferred
- Experience in a busy office environment; able to multitask and a strong attention to detail.
- Superb organizational and communication skills
- Understands and complies with confidentiality requirements
- Experience with office and web-based programs
- Ability to work within fast-paced environment and with minimal supervision
- Team player committed to the St. Augustine Prep mission and model
- Lastly and most important, the candidate must demonstrate and possess the highest integrity and be able to live the values, beliefs and culture of St. Augustine Prep
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, sex, national and ethnic origin or any other basis prohibited by law when hiring, promoting, establishing wages, or providing benefits.
As a faith-based institution based on biblical principles, St. Augustine Preparatory Academy hires employees who agree with the school’s Mission Statement and Statement of Beliefs and adhere to biblical standards of conduct.