2021-2022 Elementary School Science Fellow Teacher
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy (Aug Prep) is a K4-12 multi-denominational Christian School on Milwaukee’s Southside that opened in the summer of 2017. Our school is a student-centered environment where young learners take ownership of their education not only in academics, but also physical health, creativity, and faith. Our graduates will go on to achieve their highest potential and make our city, and ultimately the world, a better place. Aug Prep currently enrolls over 1,400 students, with our first class of seniors graduating in spring 2021.
The Elementary School Science Fellow will work closely with the instructional coach to develop, plan, and prepare science units and lessons for all K4 – 2 students. The Elementary School Science Fellow will work in connection with the lead teachers in the classroom to spiral in content into their science units/lessons. The science fellow is responsible for engaging and exposing Aug Prep students to a foundational/exploratory knowledge of science.
A St. Augustine Preparatory Elementary School Science Fellow will:
- Plan and execute highly engaging and academically rigorous science lessons for K4-2nd grade students.
- Seek out opportunities to integrate Biblical truth with their science lessons.
- Have bi-weekly meetings with an instructional coach and implement feedback to improve their practice.
- Implement curriculum and activities to ensure that their students meet academic benchmarks and grade-level standards.
- Use academic data to modify both whole and small-group instruction in order to best meet the needs of their students.
- Serve as the cultural and spiritual model for their students, always interacting respectfully and striving to demonstrate God’s love to their students and families.
- Work with instructional aides, lead teachers, and parent/community volunteers.
- Help with arrival and dismissal duties.
- Attend all school-related professional development sessions and staff meetings.
- A belief in the ability of every child and a commitment to ensure excellence for each student.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s degree in Education a plus).
- Participating member in a local church.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Skilled in strategic planning, project management, and organization development; able to balance a focus on big picture priorities while not losing sight of the annual goals and objectives.
- Team player committed to the St. Augustine Preparatory mission and model.
- Lastly and most important, the candidate must demonstrate and possess the highest integrity and be able to live the values, beliefs, and culture of St. Augustine Prep.
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, sex, national and ethnic origin or any other basis prohibited by law when hiring, promoting, establishing wages, or providing benefits.
As a faith-based institution based on biblical principles, St. Augustine Preparatory Academy hires employees who agree with the school’s Mission Statement and Statement of Beliefs and adhere to biblical standards of conduct.