Activities and Events Coordinator
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy (Aug Prep) is a K4-12 multi-denominational Christian School on Milwaukee’s Southside that opened in the summer of 2017. Our school is a student-centered environment where young learners take ownership of their education not only in academics, but also physical health, creativity, and faith. Our graduates will go on to achieve their highest potential and make our city, and ultimately the world, a better place. Aug Prep currently enrolls over 1,400 students, with our first class of seniors graduating in spring 2021.
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy is seeking a candidate passionate about Jesus, as well as working with students and staff to fill a full-time Activities and Events Coordinator position. The Coordinator would be responsible for overseeing a wide range of after school and weekend activities to ensure proper supervision and logistics are provided. The right candidate must be skilled at building and maintaining partnerships with local athletic, community, and other rental groups. The Activities and Events Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring the supervision and logistics for after school activities, clubs, and community events. The right candidate is dynamic, resourceful with a vision for opportunities, an excellent communicator and project manager, and able to build relationships across multiple constituencies. This position will report to the Athletic and Activities Director. Work hours will vary but typically will be 11AM-7PM (or when games finish) with frequent weekends. In addition, coaching sports or running clubs will not be possible with this role.
Job Responsibilities and Roles
Program Leadership & Development
- Model deep connection and belief in Aug Prep’s vision, mission and four pillars.
- Build, lead and demonstrate a student-first work ethic while coordinating with several different groups to ensure that all groups’ priorities are considered and met.
- Demonstrate exceptional team and people management skills; ability to influence, inspire trust and motivate others to achieve objectives.
- Utilize advanced communication skills, demonstrate ability to respond well to multifaceted and complex situations, and display incisive diplomacy and advanced tact when dealing with complex issues.
- Maintain exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail while juggling a variety of tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to take on extra tasks and be resourceful when issues arise.
- Develop, plan and execute logistics for clubs and after school activities and snack coordination, working in collaboration with the principals.
- Coordinate events with Athletics, Arts, Post Secondary, and Family departments (example: Orientations, Back to School Cookout, Open House).
- Help in the development and growth of Augustine Prep’s Fellowship of Christian Athletes Hudl meetings and banquet nights.
- Possess and demonstrate a willing attitude to get the job done, whether scheduling a bus, setting up a basketball game or picking up trash off of the field.
- Ensure that all students participating in after school activities are supervised in a well structured developmental program.
- Identify resources for building partnerships with outside organizations and within the Aug Prep organization that benefit students, parents, and community members.
- Work in tandem with staff and administration to ensure programs are aligned to the school’s larger strategic/school plan.
- Maintain positive and productive relationships, focused on collective problem-solving processes, in order to create, support, and sustain a safe school environment.
- Responsible for set-up and teardown for all athletic and arts events and other school events as needed with the assistance of the facility team.
- Assist with managing summer activities for athletics and family events.
- Use data systems like rSchool to reserve and book facility event information.
- Demonstrate proficiency using google sheets or excel and Infinite Campus (or similar student information system).
- Systemic progress monitoring of each after school program and the benefit that it offers to students and the progress that students are making while engaged in extracurriculars.
- Regular reporting on events, clubs, goals/work, and extracurricular attendance.
- The candidate must be mission-driven, demonstrate the highest integrity, and be able to live the values, beliefs and culture of Aug Prep.
- A belief in the ability of every child and a commitment to ensure excellence for each student.
- Participating member of a local church.
- 3 or more years of activity, athletic, or event management experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Effective oral and written communication skills; bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Strong strategic planning, project management, and organization development skills required; able to balance a focus on big picture priorities while not losing sight of the goals, deadlines and objectives.
- Team player committed to the St. Augustine Preparatory mission and model.
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, sex, national and ethnic origin or any other basis prohibited by law when hiring, promoting, establishing wages, or providing benefits.
As a faith-based institution based on biblical principles, St. Augustine Preparatory Academy hires employees who agree with the school’s Mission Statement and Statement of Beliefs and adhere to biblical standards of conduct.