Assistant Athletic Director
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy (Aug Prep) is a K4-12 multi-denominational Christian School on Milwaukee’s Southside that opened in the summer of 2017. Our school is a student-centered environment where young learners take ownership of their education not only in academics, but also physical health, creativity, and faith. Our graduates will go on to achieve their highest potential and make our city, and ultimately the world, a better place. Aug Prep currently enrolls over 1,400 students, with our first class of seniors graduating in spring 2021.
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy is seeking a candidate passionate about Jesus, as well as working with students, families and staff to fill a full-time Assistant Athletic Director Position. The Assistant Athletic Director will be involved with work that includes all areas of our K-12 athletic program at Augustine Prep, but his/her primary responsibilities will be organizing and coordinating athletic events, communicating with coaches, and helping students with eligibility paperwork. The Assistant Athletic Directors will report to the Athletic Director.
The Assistant Athletic Director will coordinate and maintain an organized and well structured system for:
- Athletic scheduling
- Athlete eligibility
- Updating the athletics website
- Communicating leagues, events, and possible schedule changes through the use of different media platforms
The Assistant Athletic Director will be committed to the excellence of Augustine Prep’s academic program and the mission of the school. With the Athletic Director, the Assistant Athletic Director will assist in the hiring, training, and evaluation of coaches. Maintaining and fostering trusted relationships with families, staff, and outside groups will be critical for this role. Further, the Assistant Athletic Director should seek to develop and maintain positive relationships with the school community and take advantage of all available community resources to develop a program of which we are all proud. Work hours will vary but typically will be mid morning – 6PM (or when games finish) with frequent weekend events.
Job Responsibilities and Roles
- Support the school’s educational mission for all students and implement school regulations and policies in a fair and equitable manner.
- Provide and administer leadership, organization, and attention to detail while making prudent decisions in matters relating to students, coaches, parents, and volunteers in the athletic program.
- Develop youth sports programs for sports offered at the school for all ages.
- Help in the development and growth of Augustine Prep’s Fellowship of Christian Athletes Hudl meetings and banquet nights.
- Willing attitude to get the job done, whether scheduling a bus, setting up a basketball game or picking up trash off of the field.
- Maintain athletics website using rSchool platform, assist with managing contracts and schedules, track sports physicals and documentation for middle and high school.
- Assist the Athletic Director in the supervision and evaluation of coaches of all levels.
- Coordinate and confirm games, meets, tournaments, referees, transportation, etc., as needed; ensure all events are coordinated through the master calendar.
- Schedule and execute pre-season parent meetings to explain the philosophy and expectations of the program with the Athletic Director.
- Determine and schedule with Athletic Director administrative coverage for specific athletic contests.
- Adhere to approved budget with Athletic Director support.
- Assist Athletic Director in the management of the Aug Prep field, gym and facility rentals.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of equipment, uniforms, and supplies.
- Communicate effectively and promote positive interpersonal relationships.
- Perform other tasks and assume other responsibilities as the Athletic Director or designee may assign.
- A deep belief in our mission to provide an exceptional, safe and holistic K4-12 Christian education developing our students to be tomorrow’s leaders. Alignment with Aug Prep Statement of Faith and North Star.
- Participating member of a local church.
- A belief in the ability of every child and a commitment to ensure excellence for each student.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 5 or more years of coaching experience including athletic leadership and 3 or more years of teaching experience preferred.
- Demonstrate proficiency using google sheets or excel and Infinite Campus (or similar student information system).
- Use data systems such as rSchool to reserve and book facility event information, update student eligibility, reserve officials, book transportation, and track competition results.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Skilled in strategic planning, project management, and organization development; able to balance a focus on big picture priorities while not losing sight of the annual goals and objectives.
- Team player committed to the St. Augustine Preparatory mission and model.
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, sex, national and ethnic origin or any other basis prohibited by law when hiring, promoting, establishing wages, or providing benefits.
As a faith-based institution based on biblical principles, St. Augustine Preparatory Academy hires employees who agree with the school’s Mission Statement and Statement of Beliefs and adhere to biblical standards of conduct.