Executive Assistant to the CEO
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy (Aug Prep) is a K4-12 Christian school on Milwaukee’s Southside that opened in 2017. Our school is a student-centered environment where young learners take ownership of their education not only in academics, but also physical health, creativity, and faith. Our graduates will go on to achieve their highest potential and make our city, and ultimately the world, a better place. Aug Prep currently enrolls 1,500 students.
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy (Aug Prep) is seeking a dynamic, organized, and Jesus-loving Executive Assistant (EA) to support our CEO and join us in our mission to provide an exceptional, safe and holistic K4-12 Christian education that develops our students to be tomorrow’s leaders. He/she must be nimble and enjoy working within a fast-growing, entrepreneurial and mission driven environment that is student-focused, results-driven and community oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion. Strong preference for spoken and written bilingual fluency in Spanish and English.
- Proactively anticipate needs of the CEO to provide information and materials for internal and external meetings, including background research on interests and possible overlay with Aug Prep’s mission. Coordinate meeting agendas and materials, room set-up, communication and follow-up, as needed.
- Support the CEO in most effectively managing, utilizing and protecting her time, including meeting/calendar coordination and as well as some email correspondence. Provide “gatekeeper” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO’s time.
- Prepare correspondence and information of a highly confidential nature to include letters, documents, presentations, reports, survey analysis and spreadsheets. Assist with drafting key communication from the CEO including messaging to staff, families, board members and partners.
- Coordinate and/or support key initiatives and special projects, as assigned, including leadership offsite planning and school-wide staff professional development coordination.
- Work closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Act as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CEO informed of items that arise. Use judgment to proactively suggest solutions and or/opportunities.
- Manage and ensure appropriate and timely follow up on internal and external requests for information or action. Maintain a “to do” list and meet regularly with CEO to manage and determine priorities.
- Screen and prioritize incoming telephone calls, following up on verbal correspondence.
- Organize and maintain files and record systems for CEO.
- Assist with front office and school-level office operations, as requested.
- Other duties as assigned to support the school’s senior leadership team.
- A belief in the ability of every child and a commitment to ensure excellence for each student.
- Participating member of a local church.
- The candidate must be mission-driven, demonstrate the highest integrity, and be able to live the values, beliefs and culture of Aug Prep.
- College degree preferred, HS diploma or equivalent required; minimum 3-5 years of experience working for senior level executive(s) in a fast-paced, results oriented environment.
- Strong preference for bilingual proficiency in Spanish and English as well as ability to translate (English to Spanish; Spanish to English) written and verbal communication.
- Exhibits a positive image, pleasant personality, high-level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Flexibility to adapt to frequent change; demonstrates a combination of patience and sense of urgency as appropriate; enjoys working in a high-energy and occasionally stressful environment.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, producing results with accuracy and reliability.
- Proven organizational and time management skills. Able to prioritize, multi-task and tolerate periods of peak workloads; self-starter who identifies opportunities during downtime.
- Strong editing, proofreading, presentation design and database management skills.
- High level of computer literacy to include Microsoft Office products, Google suite, desktop publishing programs and the internet.
- Must, at all times, possess a valid Wisconsin driver’s license and have access to a vehicle which she/he can use during the workday for job responsibilities which require local travel.
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, sex, national and ethnic origin or any other basis prohibited by law when hiring, promoting, establishing wages, or providing benefits.
As a faith-based institution based on biblical principles, St. Augustine Preparatory Academy hires employees who agree with the school’s Mission Statement and Statement of Beliefs and adhere to biblical standards of conduct.