Assistant Facility Manager
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy (Aug Prep) is a K4-12 multi-denominational Christian School on Milwaukee’s Southside that opened in the summer of 2017. Our school is a student-centered environment where young learners take ownership of their education not only in academics, but also physical health, creativity, and faith. Our graduates will go on to achieve their highest potential and make our city, and ultimately the world, a better place. Aug Prep currently enrolls over 1,400 students. Our first class of seniors graduated in Spring 2021.
Position Description – Assistant Facility Manager
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy is seeking a candidate passionate about Jesus, as well as working with students, families and staff to fill an Assistant Facility Manager position that will work under the supervision of the Facility Manager. This employee is responsible for coordinating and assisting with the renovation and repair of the buildings and associated systems, installation of new equipment and repair of existing equipment, maintenance of the grounds, and general custodial care of the facility as assigned. A wide variety of skills are needed, including but not limited to electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting, landscaping, and custodial. This position requires a flexible work schedule and requires a certain amount of weekend work. The successful candidate will have at least two years of related experience or equivalent, strong working knowledge of building maintenance, exceptional attention to detail, the ability to manage building maintenance, and a proven track record in the field. Bilingual skills (English/Spanish) are preferred.
Job Responsibilities and Roles
- Maintaining assigned equipment in proper working order.
- Maintaining grounds, fields, lawns, and other assigned areas.
- Maintaining a proper inventory of equipment, supplies, and other necessary items required to perform duties assigned.
- Performing minor repairs to plumbing, electrical system, miscellaneous repairs of doors, windows, etc.
- Assist with maintaining school vans (oil changes and other maintenance needs).
- Coordinate appropriate facilities set-up, arrangement and technical equipment for a variety of activities (special events, guest speakers, athletic events).
- Communicate effectively and promote positive interpersonal relationships.
- Accepting and signing for deliveries made to the building.
- Maintaining security and safety systems.
- Perform any other such duties as assigned.
- A deep belief in our mission to provide an exceptional, safe and holistic K4-12 Christian education developing our students to be tomorrow’s leaders. Alignment with Aug Prep Statement of Faith and North Star.
- Participating member of a local church.
- A belief in the ability of every child and a commitment to ensure excellence for each student.
- Hold a high school diploma or equivalent; some college or college degree in a related field preferred.
- Ideally, have at least two years of experience in related maintenance work or equivalent.
- Hold and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Have excellent integrity and demonstrate good moral character and initiative.
- Exhibit a personality that demonstrates interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, administration, parents and the community.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Demonstrate computer proficiency using Google Sheets and other Google programs.
- Team player committed to the St. Augustine Preparatory mission and model.
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, sex, national and ethnic origin or any other basis prohibited by law when hiring, promoting, establishing wages, or providing benefits.
As a faith-based institution based on biblical principles, St. Augustine Preparatory Academy hires employees who agree with the school’s Mission Statement and Statement of Beliefs and adhere to biblical standards of conduct.